Let’s Practice Safety Together
As we travel together to a new chapter, our relationships with you, our guests, and team members have never been more important. The well being of our guests and team members will continue to be our top priority.
We are as determined as ever to deliver exciting entertainment around every turn with the same level of service you have come to expect from the Preakness Stakes.
While the excitement awaits, we recognize there will be changes. We have carefully collaborated our readiness guidelines from government authorities and agencies, medical professionals and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop an improved way of operating.
Below is an overview of some of the protocols and best practices we’ve implemented that you’ll encounter during Preakness Stakes. We are excited to welcome a limited number of our fans back and look forward to seeing you there.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
The Preakness Stakes
ON SITE PROTOCOLS & BEST PRACTICES:
1. GUEST ARRIVAL / TEMPERATURE SCAN
- We have reimagined parking & seating location to mitigate congestion at all access points. The Pimlico grounds will be divided into sections which correlate to your ticketed area throughout the venue. Each section operates as a stand-alone area with no crossover allowed.
- Points of entry for both guests and employees will be limited to allow for noninvasive temperature checks utilizing thermal cameras. Guests displaying a temperature over 100.4°F will be given 3 opportunities to pass the temperature scan. Upon 3rd time registering above a 100.4°F, guest will be asked to leave and offered a ticket refund.
- Guests will also be required to pass a COVID questionnaire ensuring they have not knowingly been exposed to COVID over the last 14 days.
- Check points will be managed by a 3rd party, non Preakness affiliated Medical supervisor to ensure objective supervision.
- There will be expedited entry for any guest who shows proof of full vaccination (Vaccine ID Card)
2. PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Guests hospitality will be oriented to account for 6’ of social distance between all parties.
- Queue lines will be marked for all points of ingress at 6’ of distance, including but not limited to: Restrooms, Food, Beverage, Wagering.
- Plexi Glass has been installed to maintain physical separation and protection in areas that don’t allow for 6’ of separation (cash registers, wagering, etc).
3. HAND SANITIZERS
- Excess amount of hand sanitizers have been placed around the venue and distributed at entrances.
4. MASK POLICY
- Masks will be required unless actively eating or drinking.
5. COVID COMPLIANCE OFFICERS
- We will have designated Covid Compliance Officers circulating the venue gently reminding guests to adhere to our social distance and mask policies. Should guests feel unwell, our managers will also be present to escort patrons to our first aid locations.
- All restrooms will have dedicated cleaning attendants to disinfect after each use.
7. INCREASED SANITATION
- Frequency of cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on high touch areas.
- Our cleaning products and protocols meet EPA and CDC guidelines and are approved for use and are effective against the COVID-19 virus, as well as bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
8. FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Individualized approach to all concessions and dining. No buffets or shared service.
- Credit Cards accepted at all locations.
- Behind the scenes, our culinary team follows all best practices – no shared equipment, increased hand washing, mandatory glove and mask policy at all times.
- Fans must eat and drink at their socially distanced seat.